As an independent insurance agency with over 100 insurance carriers, we are honored to represent carriers dedicated to offering relief for their policyholders in various ways. Below please find a list of carriers offering relief. As always, we are here to help you especially in these trying times - click here for our agency directory.
All of us at Suzanne Brown Agency are thinking of you and taking every measure possible to provide support to you during these times. As an independent agency, we offer over 100 insurance carriers and are honored to represent carriers dedicated to offering relief for their policyholders in a variety of ways. Below, please find a list of some carriers offering relief and please reach out to your carrier or us directly with any questions.
Carriers Offering Cash Payback
· Allstate'spersonal auto insurance customers will receive a Shelter-in-Place Payback meaning most customers will receive 15% of their monthly premium in April and May. Allstate is also offering Allstate Identity Protection free fo the rest of the year in an effort to protect people from identity theft and financial fraud.
Carriers Extending Grace Period or Payment Flexibilities
· Wright Floodisextending the renewal premium payment and underpayment grace period up to 120 days for NFIP flood policies expiring between Feb. 13 and June 15, 2020.
· Blue Cross Blue Shieldhas announcedpayment and grace period flexibilities. Visit their website for more information.
· Centauri Insuranceand Gulfstream arerelaxing due dates, extending grace or reinstatement periods, waiving late fees+ penalties, and allowing payment plans.
· Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA)is temporarily reducing the amount of premium due in order to issue a policy, and providing 75 days to pay the remaining premium. Policyholders must pay at least 25% of the full premium prior to the effective date and will be required to pay their premium no later than 75 days from the policy effective date.
· Foremostis extending a grace period for late payments until May 1, 2020. If a customer’s payment is late during this time, they will send a reminder bill with an extended due date (rather than a cancellation notice for non-payment).
· Progressive will offer Leniency Payment Option, whereinsured's next payment will be added to the following month's payment.
· Guard, Sagesure (Federated National, Pillar, Occidental and others) and Safeco will offer payment flexibility.
Carriers Offering Early Dividend Payout
· Texas Mutual will be paying dividends two months early, totaling $330 million across 57,000+ policyholders. Customers can expect more details closer to April 20th.
Carriers Insuring Food Delivery on Personal auto insurance policies temporarily
· Mercury Insurance will temporarily insure the commercial use of a vehicle for the delivery of food to policyholders with private passenger auto insurance for people delivering food on behalf of restaurants that have shifted to a take-out and delivery-only model (excludes transportation network companies like Uber Eats, DoorDash, GrubHub, etc.).
· Similar to Mercury, Stillwater Insuranceis extending auto insurance coverage for personal delivery drivers.
· Progressive will temporarily modify enforcement of policy exclusions to provide applicable coverage for claims involving food delivery for auto and motorcycle customers til April 18.
Carriers Providing Other Forms of Relief
· Starting this month through May 15th,Progressivecustomers will not be canceled or non-renewed for non-payment of premium. In addition, customers will not be charged any late or cancel fees, receive any cancel notices, or experience any lapses in coverage during this time.
· Travelersissuspending cancellation and non-renewal of coverage due to nonpayment through May 15, 2020. They will not charge interest, late fees or penalties during this period.
· MetLife, Kemper, Allied Trust, SageSureand Progressivewill offer individual billing accommodations for customers struggling to make payments.
Please visit each carrier's website for full details on relief efforts during COVID-19. If you don't see your carrier listed above and have questions regarding relief they might be offering during this time, please reach out to one of our agents and we would be happy to answer any questions.
On behalf of our entire agency, be well and stay safe.
Please contact us or your carrier directly to discuss your options.
Please be assured that your claims service will continue as always - both in terms of accepting new claims and settling each of them. All efforts will be made to conduct virtual loss investigations and inspections using available technology.
You may report your claim to us or directly to your carrier.
Some of our auto insurance carriers offer telematics or usage based discounts. Since many are working from home you may want to see if you can add this discount.Discount Programs will vary by carrier.Please contact us to discuss your options.
If your insurance is not already bundled with us for home and auto insurance, this may be a good time to let us see if we can maximize your discounts or reshop your insurance.
Self Service Tools
With our efforts to social distance, here are some self service tools available:
Please click here for"
Agency Client Portal
Access to your policies all in one, email us
Carrier Self Service
Access to your carrier policies, make payment, request changes, report
Online Payment Links
Make your payment paperlessly - recommended way to reduce the spread.
Please do not mail a check to avoid delays.
Remote Health Advice
Please remember your health insurance may include telemedicine numbers such as
nurse lines, virtual doctors visits and email correspondence like mychart tools to assist
you with your efforts of social distancing. Please call the toll free number on the back of
your health insurance card. +Just a friendly reminder this is a good time to take a picture
of your health insurance card and be sure your loved ones have a copy of yours and theirs
Harris County Self Assessment Tool for Covid 19 - please go to or click here
With our efforts to social distance, here are some ways to obtain an insurance quote
Please click here for
Home and Auto Insurance - Do it yourself online quotes
Flood insurance - Request a Quote
Life Insurance - Request a Quote
Health Insurance - Request a Quote
Business Insurance - Request a Quote
Coverage for Food Delivery Drivers
Coverage for food delivery drivers have historically been excluded on personal auto insurance but we have coverage for you should you need it during these times. Contact us to discuss.
Thank you for all those working hard to get our area through this unpredecented Corona Virus pandemic.Thank you to our front line heroes like health care, public service, truck drivers, grocery store and delivery personnel and all other important heroes during these times.
As an essential service, we are here to help you during these hard times. Our agents are holding normal business hours.As a small business, thank you for the opportunity to serve you.