Whether you're shopping for a teen driver or looking for your next car, you should always keep safety in mind when you are car shopping. Because we want you and your family to stay safe on the road, we have made a list of what features to look for in a safe car.
- Pay attention to the electronic stability control (ESC). Besides seatbelts, ESC is proven to be the most effective safety advancement in cars and helps the driver keep their car on the road in emergency situations. Cars with ESC also have antilock brakes and traction control, which are good features to have.
- Make sure your car has front, side and curtain air bags and make sure these airbags function properly.
- Typically, the safest sized car is a midsized or larger sedan because of their low center of gravity and better stability.
- Be sure that the features on the car don't get in the way of your vision (head rests, roof structures, windshield design, etc.)
- To be extremely safe, make sure you have proper auto insurance coverage. If you have a teen driver, make sure they are on your policy as well.
To obtain free insurance quotes or better insurance coverage please contact an independent insurance agency like us who can offer multiple carriers.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 40 insurance carriers