With all the flooding Texas has seen this summer, it is good to know what to do in case your home gets water damage. These quick and easy steps will help you stop water damage as soon as you recognize it.
- Stop the water at its source. If you are having trouble identifying the water source, you might want to turn off your house's water source just to be safe.
- Unplug electronics and remove them from the wet areas. Move other items out of the way of the water as well.
- Contact your insurance agent. Notify us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim and get that back to you as soon as possible.
- Remove the water from your house using a mop, broom, or wet vacuum.
- Properly ventilate the wet areas in your home using a box fan or by opening up some windows.
- Clean the affected areas with a disinfectant.
- Check for moldy areas. You can call a professional to do this for you, or you can search for green and black spots forming in affected areas.
To obtain free insurance quotes or better insurance coverage please contact an independent insurance agency like us who can offer multiple carriers.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 40 insurance carriers