In the weeks leading up to your vacation, excitement and planning are usually your main focus; however, don't forget to do these simple things before you leave for your vacation.
- Forward or stop your mail and other deliveries that might sit outside your house while you are away.
- Turn off your water supply to prevent water damage. Most of the water damage claims that come through our office are related to policyholders away on vacation.
- Let your neighbors know that you will be on vacation and ask if they will keep an eye on your house while you are gone.
- Establish an emergency contact that you can call if something happens while you are on vacation.
- Unplug your appliances and double check that your doors and windows are locked.
- Bring your health insurance card in case you have a medical emergency.
- Bring your auto insurance card in case you need to rent a car while you're on vacation. Usually, your coverage will extend to any rental car unless you are outside the United States (excluding Hawaii or Alaska) or if you are using the vehicle for business purposes.
- If you own valuable jewelry, make sure you have worldwide jewelry coverage on any jewelry you might wear abroad.
- Make sure all of your insurance payments have been paid, or schedule automatic payments if you will be on vacation during the time that your payments are due.
To obtain free insurance quotes or better insurance coverage please contact an independent insurance agency like us who can offer multiple carriers.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 40 insurance carriers