In the summertime, kids and adults alike love jumping into the pool for a nice refreshing break from the hot Texas sun. Before you dive into summertime, look at these simple suggestions to stay safe around the pool this summer.
- Do not run around the swimming pool. We know you have heard this a million times before, but we can't emphasize it enough. The area around the pool can accumulate water which makes the surface slippery and can cause injury.
- According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, drowning deaths for children under the age of fifteen averaged 390 between 2008 and 2010. Please keep an eye on your children while they are swimming as to prevent injury.
- Buy floaties or keep your kids restricted to the shallow end of the pool as to prevent them from drowning. Teach your children how to swim and teach them safe swimming habits.
- Create a pool safety kit that you keep near the pool in case of an emergency. This kit should include a First Aid Kit, scissors, and a flotation device.
- Keep children away from pool drains and pipes. Small children can easily become trapped by such objects; additionally, many unsanitary objects tend to gather in pool drains, so it is wise to keep your children away from them.
- Check your pool and pool equipment periodically to make sure they are clean and well maintained.
- Never swim alone. If you do swim alone, make sure you have someone around the pool who can help you in case of an emergency.
To obtain free insurance quotes or better insurance coverage please contact an independent insurance agency like us who can offer multiple carriers.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 40 insurance carriers