Instill good driving habits in your teen in the early stages with these helpful tips and suggestions.
- Teach them how to be a defensive driver. This is one of the best skills you can learn as a driver, because it has to do with being aware of other drivers and your surroundings.
- Build their confidence on the road. Confidence is created by experience and familiarity, so make sure your teen driver is practicing enough to where he or she feels comfortable while driving.
- Make sure they practice safe habits. Emphasize the importance of wearing your seatbelt, keeping your eyes on the road, and staying alert behind the wheel.
- Limit the number of passengers your teen driver can have in their car at one time. Having a lot of passengers in their car might overwhelm your teen and cause them to become distracted.
- Consider whether or not your teen is mature and responsible enough to drive on their own. All teens mature at a different rate, so keep that in mind when you are deciding whether or not to let your teen drive.
- Lastly, make sure they are insured and have proper coverage in case of an emergency.
To obtain free insurance quotes or better insurance coverage please contact an independent insurance agency like us who can offer multiple carriers.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 40 insurance carriers