Keep these suggestions in mind as you prepare for the fall.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts.
- Weather-strip or caulk the gaps or cracks that have formed around windows and doors.
- Inspect your roof. Be wary of damaged, loose, or missing shingles.
- Drain and prepare your outdoor faucets and irrigation systems for winter.
- Clean or replace your furnace filters. Also, inspect your furnace and heating system.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide monitors, review fire escape plans, and get rid of any outstanding fire hazards.
- Call a chimney sweep to make sure your fireplace and chimney are clean and in good condition.
- Lastly, make sure you have proper home insurance.
To obtain free insurance quotes or better insurance coverage please contact an independent insurance agency like us who can offer multiple carriers.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 40 insurance carriers