To help the claims process go smoother, Texas Department of Insurance recommends:
- Keep a list of everyone you talk to at your insurance company. Be ready to answer questions about the damage.
- Make a list of damaged property. Take pictures or video. Don't throw anything away until your insurance company tells you to.
- Take steps to protect your home from further damage. Cover broken windows and holes to keep rain out and prevent vandalism or theft.
- Try to be there when the insurance company comes to inspects the damage. If you can’t stay in your home, leave a note with information on where you can be reached.
- Ask your agent about additional living expenses. If you’re forced out of your home to make repairs, your insurance policy may pay for some of those expenses.
We are here to assist you if you have a claim to file.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Houston, Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 100 insurance carriers