Good tips to know about electrical safety:
Before the storm:
1. Charge all phone and communication devices
2. Move computers and other electronic devices to countertops and tables to avoid water damagen from flooding.
3. Turn off circuit breakers to avoid power surges
During the storm:
4. Stay indoors during hurricanes and away from windows and glass
5. Never operate a portable generator inside your home or garage.
6. Always use GFCIs in areas where water and electricity may come in contact. GFCIs may be required in all kitchens, bathrooms, garages, outdoors and within 6 feet of any sink.
After the storm:
7. Have a qualified electrician inspect any water damaged equipment and electronics.
8. If flooding occurred, have a qualified electrican inspect your electrical system.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 100 insurance carriers