- Clean your floors, furniture and walls by scraping off any residue that may have formed. Next, hose the affected items down.
- Make sure your appliances are clean as well. In many cases, your appliances will not be affected unless they were operating during the time of the flood.
- Use chlorine bleach (in small doses) to clean household items and to rid these items of any lingering odor.
- Dry any wet furniture by moving them outside or by ventilating your home effectively.
- Avoid electric shock while cleaning. Make sure all electrical appliances are moved out of reach of any flood water and be careful in dealing with this.
- Wash and sterilize your utensils and other items used for cooking. Additionally, throw away any food that might have come into contact with flood water.
- Inspect your property and belongings for damage, and let us know by phone or email if you have a claim.
To obtain free insurance quotes or better insurance coverage please contact an independent insurance agency like us who can offer multiple carriers.
Suzanne Brown Insurance Agency
A Texas Independent Insurance Agency with over 40 insurance carriers