Ready for a power outage or emergency?
It’s always a good idea to have an emergency kit handy in case of power outages or other issues — especially with the threat of stormy weather in fall and winter. See recommendations from the American Red Cross below.
Emergency kit basics
• Water (one gallon per person, per day; keep a two-week supply at home)
• Food (non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items; two week supply at home)
• Flashlight and battery-powered radio, along with extra batteries
• First-aid kit, toiletries, medications and medical items
• Multi-purpose tool
• Copies of personal documents, along with family and emergency contact information
• Extra cash, clothing and blankets
• Cell phones and chargers
• Maps of the area