For a quick quote for low to moderate flood areas: r.b5z.net/i/u/10052673/f/Flood_Insurance_Election2.pdf
Flood insurance covers losses to your property caused by flooding which is usually external rising waters. From structural and mechanical damage to flood debris clean-up and floor surfaces (like carpeting and tile), your investment is protected by a flood insurance policy up to policy limits, something that your homeowners policy does not offer.
Homeowners insurance policies do not cover for flood damage. Having flood insurance gives you many benefits. Not only is coverage there when you need it, but it also:
- Compensates for all covered losses
- Compensates for flood damages up to your policy limits. Building coverage is reimbursed at replacement cost and contents are reimbursed on the actual cash value (depreciated value). In most cases, the deductible is $500 for each.
- Comes in low-cost policies for those who qualify for the preferred risk program. Insuring a home for $250,000 dwelling value and $100,000 in contents with $500 deductibles costs as little as 348/year.
- Guarantees compensation for flood damages up to policy limits because the Federal government backs NFIP flood insurance.
- Helps pay for water remediation and restoration expenses. If you have flooding water, secure your loved ones, take pictures and inventory of damage. Call a water restoration company to help extract surface water and other related damages.
- Helps you move on – if your property is damaged by flood, your agent is there to help you handle your claim.
If you should have any questions regarding Flood Insurance, or we can assist you with a quote, please feel free to contact our office.
With Permission © Insurance Information Institute, Inc. - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED -