Flood Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Flood Insurance Information
Three things you should know about flood insurance:
- Floods can happen anywhere anytime regardless of your flood zone.
- Homeowners insurance policies do not cover for flood damage.
- 30 day waiting period before coverage begins so don't wait til a storm comes.
In general, a policy does not take effect until 30 days after you purchase flood insurance. So, if the weather forecast announces a flood alert for your area and you go to purchase coverage, it's already too late. You will not be insured if you buy a policy a few days before a flood.
For a quick quote for low to moderate flood areas: Click here for flood insurance options
Flood insurance covers losses to your property caused by flooding which is usually external rising waters. From structural and mechanical damage to flood debris clean-up and floor surfaces (like carpeting and tile), your investment is protected by a flood insurance policy up to policy limits, something that your homeowners policy does not offer.
Homeowners insurance policies do not cover for flood damage. Having flood insurance gives you many benefits. Not only is coverage there when you need it, but it also:
- Compensates for all covered losses
- Compensates for flood damages up to your policy limits. Building coverage is reimbursed at replacement cost and contents are reimbursed on the actual cash value (depreciated value). In most cases, the deductible is $500 for each.
- Comes in low-cost policies for those who qualify for the preferred risk program. Insuring a home for $250,000 dwelling value and $100,000 in contents with $1000 deductibles costs as little as 365/year.
- Guarantees compensation for flood damages up to policy limits because the Federal government backs NFIP flood insurance.
- Helps pay for water remediation and restoration expenses. If you have flooding water, secure your loved ones, take pictures and inventory of damage. Call a water restoration company to help extract surface water and other related damages.
- Helps you move on – if your property is damaged by flood, your agent is there to help you handle your claim.
If you should have any questions regarding Flood Insurance, or we can assist you with a quote, please feel free to contact our office.