Spring Has Sprung - Spring Tips that will Save you Money
I learned the hard way why it's important to clean the coils in your refrigerator regularly when my refrigerator stopped cooling and I lost all of my food in both my refrigerator and freezer along with a big repair bill. Here are some tips that will save you money in the long run.
1. Clean the refrigerator and air conditioner coils. When these coils are dirty and dusty, they can't exchange heat as efficiently so the system has to run harder and longer to have the same cooling effect.
2. Schedule routine heating, ventiliation and air conditioning maintenance - every year we get claims that someone's ceiling caved in because their AC drain pan got clogged and leaked. A simple AC check up by a professional will save you a big headache later on.
3. Inspect and repair your roof. This is a good time to look for roof leaks before the spring showers and hurricane season get here. This will help avoid any water leaks down the road which end up being costly and inconvenient.
4. Clean gutters. This keeps the rain away from your foundation and off your roof. Over time too much water sitting around can cause expensive damage
5. Clean the dryer vent and lines. Built up lint can cause your dryer to catch on fire.
6. Check the washing machine hoses.
Over time, hoses can crack causing leaks and mold damage
7. Re-caulk windows and doors. This will help your AC bills this summer and keep the bugs out.
8. Trim your trees and branches back. Any branches touching your roof or hanging over your roof should be trimmed back. Remove any dead trees.
There are service companies to help you with each of these. If you need a referral for a professional please contact me at Suzanne@SuzanneBrownAgency.com.