MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2012
Winter is here and we are expecting a drop in temperature, it's time to get ready to protect your outdoor plants from being damaged by potential frost or freeze. Here are some tips:
1. Cover all tender plants
2. Protect container plants with a protector bag
3. Water all your outside plants - cold will damage a dry plant more than a well-watered plant.
4. Don't cover plants with plastic which can cause flowers and foliage to burn.
5. Mulch your beds and other outdoor plants area well to keep roots insulated.
6. Move container plants inside if you can.
Other outdoor maintenance would include wrapping your pipes with insulating foam and cleaning out gutters.