Five Spring Home Maintenance Things to do now.
Every ounce of prevention adds up.
Here is a short list of maintenance tips for your home.
- Have a professional air conditioning contractor inspect and maintain your AC system as recommended by your manufacturer, especially flushing out the ac drains and hoses. These get clogged and cause alot of water damage in the attic.
- Have a plumber check your water heater. Water heaters only last about ten years. If yours is older than that, it might be time to replace. Most water heaters are in the attic so leakage could cause extensive water damage.
- Trim trees back, cut down weak trees or treat sick trees. Hurricane season is about to start so we might get strong winds this spring and summer. Right now is a good time to get tree service at an affordable price. If you wait til the demand is higher, prices will be higher too.
- Check your clothes washer hoses to be sure they are in good condition as well as clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct, damper and space under the dryer. If you need new washer and dryers the lowest prices for appliances come around Memorial Day sales.
- Always test your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms
Resources to go to :