Many distracted driving behaviors are more common among younger age groups.
In general, adults younger than 40 years of age are more likely than those 40 and older to report:
- Talking on a hand-held cellphone.
- Texting on a cellphone.
- Listening to and programming a navigation system/GPS.
- Accessing the Internet.
- Reading/responding to e-mail.
- Reading/updating social media.
Those 18-29 year-olds are more likely than those 40 and older to report:
- Taking pictures.
- Recording video.
- Using voice-command technology.